When the final autumn leaves have fallen from the trees, Gatlinburg transforms into a magical place full of millions of twinkling lights. This annual transformation is marked by the Winter Magic Kickoff—a celebration that includes one of the biggest chili cook-offs in Tennessee.
Our Flying Saucer Italian Bistro will be there to defend their 2010 Chili Cook-Off crown. This year’s chili cook-off also features samples from local restaurants and organizations including:
- Flying Saucer Italian Bistro 2010 Chili Cook-Off Winner
- Corky’s BBQ
- Crawdaddy’s Restaurant
- Dick’s Last Resort
- Fox & Parrot Tavern
- Gatlinburg Elk Lodge #1925
- Gatlinburg Fire Department
- Gatlinburg Police Department
- Great American Grill at Hilton Garden Inn
- Johnny Rockets
- Loco Burro Cantina
- Mellow Mushroom
- Mountain Brook Village
- Ole Smoky Moonshine Distillery
- Partridge & Pear
- Puckers Sports Bar & Grill
- Ripley’s Aquarium of the Smokies
- Sevier County Utility District
- Titanic Museum Attraction
The event will take place from 5-8 PM on November 9, 2011 on the Parkway. Admission is free, but expect to pay for an $8 wristband if you plan to sample the chili. Chili tasters are encouraged to vote for their favorite dish. The chili with the most votes wins the “People’s Choice Award” and infinite bragging rights.
Besides the “People’s Choice Award,” a judging panel will give awards for Best Presentation, Best Chili Apron, and Best Chili. Extreme Spicy Chili eating contest for those who dare. Trophies are awarded at 7:15 PM.
The Gatlinburg Space Needle provides the perfect vantage point for viewing the lighting ceremony during the Winter Magic Kickoff. Join us for this celebration!